Thursday, September 1, 2011

Goodwill Gems

Although I visited our local Goodwill on Tuesday, I am just now sitting down to write about my amazing finds. It's been another one of those weeks, you know? I think that maybe it's always going to be another one of those weeks or days, and I need to just get used to it!!! :) Life is hectic! Ok, on to my finds!


All of this plus a soccer ball for my son for under $20! Wow! That ottoman feels like the find of the century. Now, I know that its not that great, but take a look at what I fell in love with the other day at Treasures...


Oh, swoon. seriously. Turquoise velvet, nailhead trim, tufted top, I'm in LOVE. It's also marked at $125. Eh. A little out of my budget. But, at $8.18 the maroon one from Goodwill above will soon find itself with a totally fabulous makeover. Stay tuned for deets on that!


So, everything else... The teapot is old... and well loved. It's English Ironstone and although I don't know much about it, they seem to be fairly common. It will be in my booth at Treasures this week along with the sweet, hand-painted owl art. I love these two pieces!



Moving along, that white plate will hang on the wall in my dining room. I've been wanting to put the finishing touches on that room for a while now and show you, so again, stay tuned, there are BIG things in the works here! :)

The glass dome. Need I say more? I know that cloche's are probably sooooo last year, but I still think they are great display pieces. And, the pedestals are super easy to make! For $1.01 I wasn't going to pass it up!

By the way, total side note, but does anyone else's Goodwill have completely random pricing? $8.18? $1.01? $2.72? Why not just $1? Or $8.25? I don't get it. But, I digress...

Ok, last but not least the two frames in the back will be painted green and get a C and N in each of them for above my son's beds. I'm trying to wait for the big boy bedroom reveal, but I'm getting a little anxoius to show you my progress so far! I'll try to hold myself back!

All in all, a good little trip to the local Goodwill! :)

Linking up to:

1 comments:

Maureen said...

Oh I LOVE THAT TEAPOT!!!
It is making me want to go out tomorrow to do some treasure hunting to find one that will sit atop my new countertops! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...