This fun little project was something I put together a few years ago and thought I'd share with you! The possibilities go on and on, so feel free to get creative with your fabric choices, and what you pair your new pumpkins with!
First, though, I show you the finished product!
Now, the How To:
Step One: Assemble your materials.
Materials:
1. Square of fabric approx. 20" x 20" (preferably something thin, no upholstery weight stuff)
2. Roll of toilet paper
3. Plastic grocery bags (maybe a dozen or so)
4. Brown paper bag or kraft paper
5. Scissors
Optional : Coordinating ribbon or raffia for an accent on the stem
Step Two:
Place fabric right side down on flat surface. Place roll of TP in the center and surround with plastic grocery bags. Stuff one bag down the center of the roll of TP.
Step Three:
Pull one corner up and over the bags and stuff down into the center of the roll.
Step Four:
Working clockwise (or counter, whatever) stuff the edges of the fabric into the center of the roll of toilet paper making sure the bags are even all the way around and you get a pleated effect (like the sides of a pumpkin) Tuck all the fabric in until no rough edges are showing.
Step Five:
Finish with a piece of rolled up paper bag for the stem, or in this case, I cut my fabric square a little big to start with, so I had extra left over to pull out for the stem. Wrap raffia or ribbon around the stem for an accent and voila! Instant pumpkin! (Seriously, it took me longer to upload these photos and write out the instructions than it acutally took to make one. I probably could have made a dozen by now!) Happy Fall!
Mod Fall: Lime Green and Chocolate Brown
Vignette How To:
Use things you already have around the house. My votive holder is a salsa jar, wrapped in green cardstock. I punched a tag from brown cardstock, and attached with a ball of twine I had laying around to finish the green and brown color scheme. The green vase I swiped from the bathroom because it was the right color. Rearranging what you have is a great way to keep things interesting around the house. Would you wear every piece of jewelry you owned all at the same time? I hope not! Put things away for a while and then get them back out when you need a little update. Classic pieces never go out of style!
One more fun little shot for you... these are so easy, once you get started, you'll have them everywhere!
14 comments:
Cute, I am going to have to make a couple of these...I love fall!!!
I am your newest follower from the blog hop. I love the pumpkin craft, too cute and easy!! I hope you can follow me back at http://mylifeadventurebyme.blogspot.com//
God Bless,
Shelley
Those look so easy and cute! I love them. Your blog is adorable. I am so glad to be a follower! Saw you on Craft-O-Maniac Monday! stop by when you get the chance:
www.karismaheartsavannah.blogspot.com
Adorable little pumpkins, and simple too! Love the patterns! I've gotta try this out. I shall follow your blog for inspiration!
How cute are these!?! :) You did SUCH a great job! Those pumpkins are perfect! :)
This is such a cute idea....Ive been waiting for pumpkins in my area. We are too busy right now and usually dont go pumpkin picking with kids till 2nd week of Oct. I have a huge bolt of Orange fabric...its kinda sheer but Im gonna give this a try. With 5 kids I have plenty of paper bags around. thanks for the great idea.
Wow you are so creative! Thanks for linking up at Scrap It Saturday!
Colleen
www.shibleysmiles.com
Putting these little cuties on my things to do list. Love them. Way to cute and so easy!
Thanks for sharing!
I love the fabric pumpkins!! But I really love your vignettes!! :)
Too. Darned. Cute.
I love them. Now I wanna go make some!
Stop over and check out Free 2 Be Frugal sometime.
Love this craft just made some of the pumpkin with my 7 and 8 year old sister for my moms birthday gift they love making her something and this was so simple they could make her something she can display!
Oh and here is the link for the pumpkin my little sister made.. Im not sure how to link back ect. Thanks again for sharing!
http://janaehanson.blogspot.com/2010/10/fabric-pumpkins-and-dollar-tree-vases.html
Thanks so much for making this post! I love fabric pumpkins but wasn't sure of an easy way to make them...this is so easy!! I am going to be making them for sure! They are so cute. Thanks again!
Rachel~
I just saw the link to this fun little project on another blog & had to come check it out. So cute! I've made pumpkins using TP rolls before, but it was much more complicated with the use of stuffing. I have tons of grocery bags, so your idea is perfect! I'm now your newest follower, & I'm following on Pinterest, too! Please come visit & follow back if you like what you see!
:) CAS
Post a Comment